This is a two part video demonstration.
In Part 1 Julie will demonstrate how to approach the Orange Agave Plant in watercolour, followed by Part 2 illustrating the background of the Bahir Palace courtyard garden,Marrakech.
You will learn how to:-
* Paint a vibrant flower by overlaying pure colours one over the other to retain brilliance of colour
* How to paint each individual bud using the wet on dry and diffusing technique, to create the whole flower head
* Create variegated washes of colour, wet on wet
* How to simplify a garden scene, commencing with the foliage
* Simplify architectural detail
* Mix colours using a limited palette to unify the whole painting
Cadmium yellow pale
Winsor blue (green shade)
Size 4,6 8 round
Da Vinci Maestro Kolinsky sable series 35
Approx 140lb NOT (cold pressed)
Painting size approx 22cms x 29cms
Cadmium orange and Winsor blue (green shade) are used consistently in this painting to unify it.